PDA

View Full Version : I Need help or info. to restore EM12

mingo
06-22-2005, 03:51 AM
Hi,
I was just given a EM12 that has been sitting out in the weather for a number of years and I would like to restore it to working condition. Where can I get a manual or any other information that would help me? It currently has no batteries so I'm not sure what is functional on it yet. I do drive a 1985 96volt VW Electric Rabbit so I have some knowledge of Electric vehicles. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? Thanks, Mingo

regen
07-21-2005, 04:57 PM
A start may be to go to the "Manuals" forum and download some
of the owners and service manuals posted there.

- Charles

mingo
07-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Thanks, The service manuals I down loaded were a big help, I could not have done it without them. Kevin

childers
08-01-2005, 09:47 AM
How did you download the manuals ?

I'm looking at buying/fixing an em12 that has not been used in years. What are the most expensive parts/challenges to rehabbing electric riders ?

Thanks !

mingo
08-03-2005, 12:01 AM
I just went to the manuals form and printed out the service training manual for the E12. That was very helpfull in finding my way around and learning about the parts and all as well as operations. I could find a lot of the switches and things at the hardwear store. The bearings on the mower motors were pretty loud and I could not get the blade clutches off to get to the bearings for replacement so I took it to a motor shop. They ground the clutches off and replaced the bearings. If I had known they were going to do that I would have tried harder myself. Keith Steig had some new clutches for $35 each. I'm now into it for $200+, but now I have rebuilt mower motors that should last for years. Being in California and shipping a running ElecTrac out from the East coast or the mid west would have been to much money. When a friend said he had one that came with a batch of dead electric cars he bought from the Tennessee Valley Athority 15 years ago and had been out in the weather that long, I jumped at it. So I should get the motors back together this week and give it a try. Kevin