PDA

View Full Version : Sickle bar manual?

Bella
10-16-2005, 08:57 PM
I just acquired a "commercial" sickle bar attachment for my E-15. Mounting is pretty straightforward except for the lift. Is a manual available for the rear mounted 4 foot sickle bar attachment? Can I route my front lift somehow to the rear to raise and lower the cutting bar? I wouln't actually need to cut hay with it till late spring next year but now's the time to make it work! Bella

Walt Konstanty
06-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Bella,
I just bought a Haban sickle mower and am looking for a manual too....found a similar one at www.mytractorforum.com (http://www.mytractorforum.com) for a Bolens tractor and is very similar.

The Elec-Trak one slides into the slots below the battery in the frame and another part attaches to the "U" bar under the tractor frame. Pins are used to hold it in place. A spring loaded chain is used to slightly raise it off the ground for transport. No "lift" is required from what I can figure out. There are some photos from Keith Steg i think in the forum showing some detail.

If you find a manual for it, let me know...I'll do the same.

Model 454 Series H Patent 61592 Serial#201124 is nameplate info on mine.

...Walt

Phil
12-03-2006, 08:50 PM
I have a like new Haban Mower for my E-15 and I have a good manual for it which I will send you copy after the 18th. of this month if you send me your name and address to
Phil Seghers
3130 Monterey Drive
Malaga, Wa. 98828

Walt Konstanty
12-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Phil,
Bill Kelly scanned and e-mailed me a copy but it's not great. If you can scan it in, I'd suggest having Don Barry posting it on this site with the Manuals for all to see. If not, you can mail it to Don, he'll scan it, and return it.
Thanks.
....Walt

Phil
12-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Walt;
I will get it to Don for all to see.
Thanks Phil S.

fritzstraz
07-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Is the sickle bar manual floating around I could get a copy of as well?

If someone can say a bit about the ups and downs or them and things to know to take care them, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks.

John

Bella
07-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh well my sickle bar mower quit, so I really need that manual now. I did get some use out of it, it cut just fine but it is awful tough to maneuver around the rocks and trees. Mostly I'm letting the sheep do the mowing, they compost it too... Bella

fritzstraz
07-07-2008, 07:00 PM
I have long, straight runs to cut, that I do not want to mow all the time. Are the sicklebar mowers up for this?

I know someone with a well used one. Any idea on the range of cost one should pay?

John