PDA

View Full Version : Re-modeling the E20?

Sllarson
05-17-2007, 07:02 PM
I have an E20 that is in very good shape. however I believe the control panel is shot and am not sure I want to tackle all that wiring to get it to work. I have seen that some people have replaced most of the wiring on the panel with a series converter and some other equipment. I was just wondering if someone knew what exactly I needed to do and what specific equipment is needed to replace this panel. I would be overjoyed to get this tracker working again. If you want me to post some pictures of the panel I can.

FarmallMan
05-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Probably the easiest and cheapest option is the AllTrax contoller. The ET version is a derrivative of the DCX300 series, however last time I checked it's not listed on the website I have been told that it is still availible if you call. I think the price is somewhere between $350-400.

http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_DCX.html

Nick :cool:

Sllarson
05-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks Nick, that should help a lot. :)

FarmallMan
05-18-2007, 12:03 PM
No problem. I think the contact there is Steve Richardson. Those that have them seem to really like them. It's an upgrade to a potentiometer throttle, so you have continuous speed control instead of discrete steps.

Nick :cool:

jamescustomdesign
05-19-2007, 01:17 AM
I do not know where I got it, but I have a .jpg that I used as a starting point for my rewiring of my E-15. I will gladly forward it to anyone who is interested. I used a stock replacement controller from Alltrax(Club Car I think). It was around $270, plus a rotary pot from Radio Shack $3. So far it is working great!!!! I have never hear anything negative about Alltrax.