PDA

View Full Version : who killed the electric car?

aussie
05-20-2007, 05:17 AM
Just watched a very interesting video today "who killed the electric car?"
Very informative & makes you wonder just how serious governments are about global warming,greenhouse gasses & reliance on fossil fuels.:hmmmmmmm:
At least all you good people are making a difference,no matter how small.
Better than making no effort at all.
They have a website of the same name if you want to have a beer & yell out the window in disgust at the gumbiment & oil companies.

Bella
05-22-2007, 08:22 PM
I too was troubled by the message of "who Killed the electric car".It seems that after the voters of California mandated a requirement for the major auto manufacturers that required them to market an electric car (- or loose the right to sell cars in Cali) such cars were produced grudgingly. Unfortunately then the lobbyist were unleashed and fought the requirement for electrics tooth and nail. As soon as they weasled a repeal they repoed all the cars and crunched 'em. So much for democracy. Bella:broken: :trust: :hmmmmmmm:

TonyKZ1
05-31-2007, 11:09 AM
My wife & I also watched this program. Very Sad what they did to the cars, especially with such a high following. I'd love to have one of those EV-1s.
Tony

aussie
05-31-2007, 02:49 PM
I found it interesting that you couldn't actually buy the car only lease it.
Gave the impression that there was a larger agenda to be followed.
At the moment the Governator (Arnie Schwartzenegger) is telling my State Government (Queensland,Australia) how great hydrogen is.
I find it difficult to agree considering more homes have electric power than hydrogen plants,& the electrical infrastructure already in place would make it more financially viable to install charging stations.
Hmmm.The rich get richer,the poor get the picture.:trust:

CAHatton
06-01-2007, 11:25 AM
There may be some rebirth of e-vehicles, I investigated new batteries and found a motorcycle shop in CA that is building 100mph battery bikes. I got curious to see the battery type and found the parts list below. So to change out the motor, controller and batteries for an Elac-Track would only be around $2200! Any engineers with extra money want to take this on and report out on the "how to"?
:D
http://www.electricmotorsport.com/PARTS/parts.htm

Bella
06-03-2007, 07:45 PM
A 100 mph Elec-trak conversion? You are INSANE! I find that my E-15 already goes fast enough in D2 to frighten me... Good luck though, I'd like to hear how the souped up version goes. Bella

LionMike_NTN
06-07-2007, 04:51 PM
OK Folks...

Before you get your Elec-Trak up to 100 mph just remember...

NO BRAKES !!!!!!

AAAAaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh.........

aussie
06-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Who wants to be the first elec-trak owner nominated for a Darwin Award?
BTW the controller I've got is fully programmable to adjust speed parameters.
I wonder :rolleyes:

Bella
06-07-2007, 08:08 PM
OK Folks...

Before you get your Elec-Trak up to 100 mph just remember...

NO BRAKES !!!!!!

AAAAaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh.........

However perhaps with a military surplus droge chute, the lack of brakes might be an advantage! Bella