PDA

View Full Version : e10 6v to a 12v

jon
07-27-2007, 07:16 PM
can you go from runing 6 6v to like 3 12v and can you us solar pannels

RJ Kanary
07-27-2007, 08:38 PM
I CAN answer the first query. Yes, you can. Many E-8 tractors were sold that way.My question is "Why would you want to do that? " The 12V batteries have a shorter lifespan and less capacity.In addition to that, the weight distibution of the 6V set just plain makes sense. Using the 12V set is a compromise no matter which battery box you put them in.
Put them in the front only, tractive power is reduced.Put them in the rear box, well you'll get a closer look at the steering wheel and hood than you would probably like :)

Jerry38
07-27-2007, 09:54 PM
:) Like RJ said YES you can...but it is all your call...I have ran 3-12vdc's in all my units for the last several years and have not had a problem. I do not like the heavy weight with the 6v's , I can add weight as I need it, i.e. wheel weights, weight box, me, etc... the 6v's do not like the cold they will not be up if they have set for a couple months..i.e..last mow the 1st Nov, push/blow snow the 14th Jan..like I said, your call, works for me, been there done that, plus I'm cheap, good luck....

Jerry NW Ohio
E-12
E-14
E-15
E-20
Cushman "Woody"
E-scooter