PDA

View Full Version : This Tractor Kicks Butt !

jeffantonucci
01-17-2008, 10:11 PM
I got to really use my E-20 for the first time today. We got about 3 inches of heavy wet snow. I was able to plow my driveway and wanted to see how much I could do on a charge so I plowed 3 of my neighbors driveways too ! I was out well over an hour with the lights on the whole time. One neighbor was down the end of the cul de sac. I even tried a fourth neighbor but I could not get up his driveway because I do not have chains. I never ran out of juice.

I did blow 2 fuses in the lift circuit but likely only because I could not find any 30A slow blow fuses. I will have to order some and get some chains.

I am really excited - I cannot wait to restore this tractor and make a few more updates / improvements !:dancing_b

Jeff

FarmallMan
01-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Hey Jeff, do yourself a favor and spring for the chains that have crosslinks every two side links instead of the chains with crosslinks every four side links. They'll cost a little more, but they're worth it. The E-20 is quite a pusher!

Nick :cool:

jakrug
01-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Nick,
Your right on about the cross link every two links.
:trust:
I purchased mine from:
http://www.tirechain.com/Default.htm

It seemed like I paid a bunch for the chains.
But I am glad I did. instead of my usual make due with what I can find cheap.
I also went whole hog and bought wheel weights since I have a dirt gravel driveway that is 12% grade in spots.

http://www.ezweights.com/frmain.php

Another Jeff

jeffantonucci
01-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Will do - thanks guys !

jamescustomdesign
01-26-2008, 07:17 PM
My brother has the chains with the cross links every two links and they are great. I on the other hand have always gotten by using old car tire chains that I have found in junk piles. (They usually the little "V" blocks welded on them so they should wear forever. If you find them for free you could use two sets. lol) We have had great success with plowing and pulling with our E-15's.