PDA

View Full Version : New ET's?

John
02-28-2008, 12:42 PM
I got this from the yahoo group anyone know anything about them?
www.modernelectrictractors.com

ecs446
02-28-2008, 01:17 PM
I just emaied them for more information.

Edwinl

LionMike_NTN
02-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Folks,

At long last, YES, it's true! Very soon there will be a new electric based on contemporary components but also compatible with the original ET implements and accessories we already have. Just keep an eye on the website, and check back here as well from time to time. This is an exciting time for all of us out there that appreciate the ET, but hate the constant repairs and troubles.

LionMike

:trust:

michics
03-02-2008, 12:44 PM
There is a group of individuals, one of who is Keith Stieg of Minnesota, that are working on putting these together. I just talked with Keith on Mar. 1st and he explained that these are being put together with parts from various suppliers. They will have stronger frames, a independent battery charger, a heavy duty lift motor that will lift a front mount or belly mount mower, or the rear mounted tiller, all from one unit. He did not mention the voltage, although I would think they would go with 48v for the versatillity of parts. They don't have the first prototype completed yet so there are no pictures available.
Sounds interesting, so I guess we can all stay tuned.

Mike

Jerry38
03-02-2008, 09:40 PM
:bingo: Mike, Ed John, stay tuned...it will be 36vdc and you can used the attachments you have now for the older ET's, we will have new blowers and tiller also ( Keith S is working on that) beefer transaxle, heavier motor, thanks

Jerry
Modern Electric Tractors Inc

:)

jeffantonucci
03-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey Jerry,

Let me know if I can help. I'm a mechanical design engineer with 18 yrs experience and pretty decent in electric circuits too.

Jeff

olcowhand
03-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Yep, I've known Jerry for a while now and knew of his new prototype coming together. Very good timing for a new electric tractor. The country is going more & more "green" oriented, so ought to do well! I'm working on the decals for the new tractor, so I thought I'd join here & find out more about all the electric world! :)

js5020
05-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Has there been any further updates,,, anyone got any inside info?

Jerry38
05-10-2008, 10:56 PM
:) JS, an All, just hang on a little longer, should ne a couple week at the most, pics and pricing will be out, still locking in the production cost and testing the prototype

Jerry NW Ohio
METI

behaines
06-27-2008, 03:20 PM
:bawling: I'm dying to see the new machines! :D I keep looking for pictures, esp for the "Extended-Use Battery Pack" Mmmm, more run time. ;)

behaines
08-01-2008, 11:58 AM
We're getting toward the end of the mowing season...Any word of the new ET's? The web site has not changed in a while.