PDA

View Full Version : Tractor parts?

Indiana_Steve
04-16-2008, 02:12 PM
As a new member and new owner of a tractor, I was wondering if anyone has a good source for parts. Some of these threads go back 10 years and are not current. Contacts that were good then no longer exist. So does anyone have a good current source for parts? Thanks for any information.

FarmallMan
04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Check out the parts dealer section of the forum.....

Keith Steig's (twin cities elec-trak) email has changed, but his phone number is the same as listed on that page.

Clean Power (Harold Zimmerman) is still serving the community. The PDF may not represent his actual stock, but give him a call and he will fix you up.

www.electrictractorstore.com (http://www.electrictractorstore.com) is a newcomer. Jim Coate owns and operates it. He's good people too.

Hope this helps.

Nick :cool:

Indiana_Steve
04-17-2008, 06:08 AM
Thanks Nick,

Has anyone broken down, say a deck parts list or even the "most commonly used" tractor parts and provided current parts availability or good substitutions? It would be helpful, say if I was looking for castors, or something to that effect where to go. I know castors are very generic but for someone who has not gone through this before it can seem a little overwhelming.

FarmallMan
04-17-2008, 08:11 AM
To my knowledge, no one has done that....at least not in writing.

The good news is that most of the parts on the Elec-Traks (including much of the electronics) are nothing inherently unique to Elec-Traks. The rest of the parts that are unique to them (motors, sheet metal, etc) are availible through these fellas. There are a few exceptions that come to mind: winch motors, transformers (although some of the guys might have these), transmissions, decals, etc.

Wear parts on the decks are a little sparse I think. Blades are pretty availible, but the rollers not so much. It makes life a lot easier if you have a lathe at your disposal (or know someone who does). I do, and have considered making them, but at the moment, I just don't have the time.

Are you looking for something specific? I probably could point you in the right direction.

Nick :cool:

orionman
04-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Steve,
Take a look at this web page:

http://java.cs.vt.edu/public/users/mlorch/Elec-Trak/index.html

As the name implies, there are a lot of great tips and tricks, including where to find parts for your electrak. It is not a complete breakdown, but it does provide a lot of good information in one place.

Andy

Indiana_Steve
04-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks Andy,

I have seen that. A lot of good info.