PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Charger

orionman
05-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Well, in rebuilding my tractor I have discovered the charger is dead. It was a rats nest (literally) when I pulled it out and is in pieces on my garage floor. I was going to fix it, but I am not sure that is the best approach with some much newer charger technology out there. I have looked at a few but I am still not sure of the “best” choice. I have read the So, to open what I am sure could be a can of worms: Is there any consensus on a replacement with respect to cost, charging time, efficiency, power and any other relevant parameters? I have read the old posts on replacement chargers but the ones I saw were from different perspectives so I could not get a general gist of overall preferences. Thanks in advance for the inputs.

moonstation2000
05-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm sure smarter people than I can tell you if this is a good option or not, but I purchased a VDC 36v charger for approx $130.

I leave it plugged in 24/7 since it's a maintainer and desulfator too. I don't know the age of the batteries but they were drained when I got them so I figure all the conditioning and delsulfating I can give them will only improve things.

Here is a link to the site

http://www.vdcelectronics.com/batteryminder_36v_1_3a.htm

The unit charges the batteries, then automatically goes into maintenance mode once they are charged. So I mow the lawn, park the machine, hook up the charger and it figures out the rest until I come to mow again next week.

John
06-01-2008, 08:54 AM
I got a 10 amp 36 volt charger when I bought my E8M seen here www.battery-chargers.com/catalog/11.pdf made by Japlar/Schauer I have used it several times in leu of the onboard charger with good results and it seems to be a quality product. More information on their products and good battery information in general is on their website at www.battery-chargers.com/

Bella
06-02-2008, 08:35 PM
My E-15 charger went kaput so I charge my tractor with an EZGO golf cart charger through the accessory port. It works great, I want to pull the bad charger out and put my inverter in it's place (when I get that round tuit) Bella