PDA

View Full Version : E8M Charger Starting Positions

electragoat
06-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Do any of you wise ones out there know about the charger settings on the E8M? It goes from A-J on the dial, with 'A' being at 11:00 o'clock just under 'Start'. 'J' is at 3:00 o'clock.

behaines
06-17-2008, 04:35 PM
For mine(E12S), each letter is about 1.5 hours of charging time. I don't know if mine is defective, or that is what is supposed to happen.

When it charges it turns counter clockwise (Anti clockwise: ), so for mine if I put it on "J" it would charge for about 6 hours, "I" would charge for 7.5hrs, "H" would charge for 9hrs, etc.

Personally I have been afraid to let it run that long. I can see/hear it's charging, but the idea of setting it on "A" and letting it run for 20ish hours...I don't know, I like my house and don't want to burn it down. :bawling:

jcoate
06-22-2008, 05:04 PM
"A" is the longest and should run for about twice as long as "J".

How long to charge depends on how much the tractor was used, the age of the batteries, and the temperature.

The charger is actually fairly 'smart' in that it tapers off, so it does a let less charging in the final hours then at the beginning. The GE method is pick a fairly long charge time and try that for a few cycles - if too much water is used (ie you have to add water after less than 3 cycles), then gradually try shorter charge times. And if it is very cold, always go to "A". As long as you keep an eye on the water level, it is better to err towards too long a charge.