PDA

View Full Version : golf course use

richard morantz
06-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I have been using my E-20 as part of creating an environmentally friendly golf course. I have gotten local coverage and thought you would be ionterested. Go to lawrence.com and search for golf. Pictures and everything. Richard

FarmallMan
06-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Nice piece Richard, congrats. Are you planning on using the rotary mower, or are you going to get a set of ganged reel mowers? I'm almost thinking that you may be able to get more accomplished per charge with ganged reel mowers, but that's just a guess.

Nick :cool:

richard morantz
07-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Where would I find such an attachment? I use a reel mower, human powered, for the greens. It does not work of the turf is not already well mown and cleaned off, easily jammed. I would expect the same from a bigger system, not able to handle debris. The rotating deck blades, however, have no problem with odds and ends lying around on the turf. they just grind it up and spit it out. Richard

FarmallMan
07-08-2008, 02:19 PM
I don't know if it would be in your budget, but Northern Tools would be happy to sell you one. I think they have models from about 5 ft to 11 ft width. Nothern Tools Ganged Reel Mowers (http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_6970_99+143+764941)

I think they are intended to be used on clear grass, with minimal debris. I think the larger commercial course mowers are generally reel mowers, aren't they? Or am I just thinking of greens mowers?

Nick :cool: