PDA

View Full Version : Elec-Trak Construction

davidbr13
06-19-2008, 03:52 PM
I just got my 'project' E15 delivered the other day. It came with the rear battery box and fenders already disassembled, and the bottom is corroded. Ditto on the corrosion for the bottom of the front battery box, although that one is together.

One of the first questions I had was if the factory attachment of the sheet metal to the base was done using nuts and bolts or if it was welded. Same question for the fenders to the rear box. It looked like spot welds were drilled out in some spots, but in others it looked like rivets. Thanks!

ecs446
06-19-2008, 04:28 PM
My E12 used pop rivets. If just the rivet head is cut off, the part left may look like a spot weld.
Edwin

orionman
06-19-2008, 06:13 PM
On my Wheel Horse C-185 I am finishing the "renovation" on, the battery box was riveted to the frame and the fenders were spot welded to the battery box. The front battery box was riveted to the console, grill and frame as well. I drilled out all the rivets and spot welds to fix and paint everything. Then I used small bolts where the rivets were (so I can more easily remove the parts if I want to) and I just put pop rivets where the spot welds in the fender were. When I get a chance I will post some pictures.

Andy

davidbr13
06-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks! That helps. I'll likely just bolt all that together after the parts are restored, then. Hopefully, locknuts and loctite will then keep everything together until I take it apart again :-)

Morten
07-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi,

If you need new sheetmetal for the battery boxes; front or rear, or need a new frame, contact Keith Steig. Do a search and you'll find his phone number. I have met with him and purchased parts. Good source of parts and info.

Morten.