Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Helpful Elec-Trak Info
Notices

1. Helpful Elec-Trak Info 
    From time to time we all run across information which is helpful to Elec-Trak owners or may help someone make the decision to purchase an Elec-Trak. This section will help to preserve some of the frequently asked questions and will serve as a place members can come to for answers. This is a technical Q & A, however feel free to ask any question you feel is relevant. There is a great deal of talent and experience available from around the globe so generally, whatever you have a concern about, there is someone who has had a similar experience and can help. The only rules are the "Golden" ones. If you disagree with a member, and you must say so, do it nicely and discreetly.
    Last edited by dbarry; 10-05-2004 at 04:48 PM.

2. Re: Helpful Elec-Trak Info 
    pcan
    I am looking foward to this pc

3. Re: Helpful Elec-Trak Info 
    Priscilla
    Hi- After looking for an Elec-trak for several years, I finally bought one-an E15. It has been an adventure. Right now I'm having a small problem (the big ones are more obvious-) when I am in the lowest gear (or more commonly in low reverse) there is a surge that is fairly rythmical- increasing the throttle minimalizes it and it is more frequent after the batteries have drained down some. The surge feels the same way the tractor feels going over rough ground with occasional tire slips. It is not always there. Is it a relay? A capacitor (where?)

Also I use this tractor a couple of times a day and want to know if it is better to charge each night or wait until there is a change in the power before recharging.

And what size and kind of chains should I get for the tires?

Thanks for any responses-

4. Re: Helpful Elec-Trak Info 
    If this only occurs on the level, or downhill............well it's the nature of the beast. With the amount of gear reduction present, anything that allows the wheels to 'drive' the tractor induces enough slack in the driveline to give you that sensation until the traction motor again 'picks up' the load.If you have ever operated a four wheel drive vehicle with the transfer case in Low Range, you have experienced the same thing.
    RJ Kanary
    ASE Certified Master Auto Technician.

5. Re: Helpful Elec-Trak Info 
    Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
    Hi- After looking for an Elec-trak for several years, I finally bought one-an E15. It has been an adventure. Right now I'm having a small problem (the big ones are more obvious-) when I am in the lowest gear (or more commonly in low reverse) there is a surge that is fairly rythmical- increasing the throttle minimalizes it and it is more frequent after the batteries have drained down some. The surge feels the same way the tractor feels going over rough ground with occasional tire slips. It is not always there. Is it a relay? A capacitor (where?)

Also I use this tractor a couple of times a day and want to know if it is better to charge each night or wait until there is a change in the power before recharging.

And what size and kind of chains should I get for the tires?

Thanks for any responses-
    Regarding charging, it is best to recharge more often, even if you don't have the time to get a full charge. Plugging in for a partial recharge when you have the 'opportunity' is just called 'opportunity charging' among road-going EV buffs like myself.

Recharging more often limits the depth of discharge of your batteries, and, all other things being equal, results in a longer life.

You should still get a full charge as soon as possible, though.
    Last edited by davidbr13; 04-30-2008 at 11:05 AM. Reason: add more info