Notices

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Sychronous belt conversion 
    Thanks, Mark. After looking at the Peerless website, I had the impression that METI had the transaxles custom made. You METI folks really spent a lot of time, sweat and money (not necessarily in that order) putting the new electric tractor together....quite a labor of love, and I respect you all for your labors. What is really needed is a breakthrough in battery technology, or d.c. storage devices. Thanks again. Coyote

2. Re: Sychronous belt conversion 
    Jerry,

Thanks for the transmission/motor pictures. It looks like you tried forward and aft mounting positions for the motor.

What was your thinking on that?

Thanks.

John

3. Re: Sychronous belt conversion 
    We were thinking of a E20 style and a E12m style, front mount and mid-mount decks, diffy lock for tilling and snow plowing.

Jerry NW Ohio
    ETC...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Jerry71; 09-30-2011 at 05:28 PM.

4. Re: Sychronous belt conversion 
    Mark,

You can contact me off "Forum" on the METI tranny $.

What would really be helpful, and I have mentioned a # of times, is to find out what causes the 2317 "Limited Slip" Peerless springs to brake and re-manufacture them so we as a group can find a used 2317 (I have one) and put those parts into a 2318.

I would hope new 2317 springs shoe-horned into a 2318 would be a much more cost effective method of improving traction with our tractors for snowplowing, dirt moving, and maybe even a little tractor "pulling".

Steve

5. Re: Sychronous belt conversion 
    I would love to know how the METI diff locks. It would seem far better than a limited slip unit. Open diff for mowing and maneuverability and full lock for pulling and pushing. The ideal setup would of course be some kind of electric locking diff, but perhaps a pneumatic would be easier? Electricity runs a small compressor like in a car/motorcycle air horn or an air suspension seat.

The limited slip clutch pack setup like the 2317 that came as an option on 110 and 112 John Deeres and share the same almost everything else as our 2318s might be the easiest way to get more traction. I'd love to try one. I have a couple of spare 2318 transaxles that could be sacrificed to the cause. My only worry would be that the limited slip would make the tractor less maneuverable. Something we don't need on these tractors! Through perhaps some more grippy front tires would remedy some of the problems with a lsd? Like those snowblower tires Steve has on his sweet winter rig?

6. Re: Sychronous belt conversion 
    Steve/All;

I had not given much thought to the mechanical stresses put on the transmission/motor with this style of belt. On my 12s, I can nearly stall the motor when mowing in D1 and going up a steep incline, but that happened with the 2 v-belts I had before. In theory, the v-belts could slip and act as a "driveline fuse" I guess. I don't think the motor in the "12s" has enough poop to do any damage to the tranny but that could be another story with the "20".

I would be more than happy to post part number's, suppliers, sizes and costs. I have already done some research on this, but it was for the E12s. For an E20 I would need motor and transmission pulley diameter's and the motor shaft size. The trans is 3/4". This way we can get the proper drive reduction ratio. Also the distance between the motor and transmission shafts with the motor half way between the belt tightening stops, for proper belt length.

This stuff is a little on the pricey side. I collected mine off e-bay over several months. But that also meant, I had to take pot luck and pay shipping.

Tom
    Pewamo758

7. Re: Sychronous belt conversion 
    Pewamo,

The pulley on my drive motor is so pristine that I don't need to measure it, I can read the size through the nice yellow paint. It's a 3.0 in diameter x 7/8 in bore. The transmission pulley is a 6.0 in Browning. Motor shaft to transmission shaft centerline measurement is about 9.5 inches with the motor slide slots near the center position.

If you could come up with some part#s, etc. for an E-15 too, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

DC Forever

8. Re: Sychronous belt conversion 
    Good morning;

The following are part numbers, sizes and costs to do a schynronous belt/pulley conversion on a couple of different tractors that I have measurements for. All these parts come from Applies Industrial Technologies as they seem to have the most outlets nationwide and everything is available under one roof.

Tractors with a 4.5" motor pulley and a 6" transmission pulley with 9.5" between shafts and a drive ratio of .75.

Motor pulley TL18H100 1210 ITEM #:2068187 COST $37.50
    BUSHING 1210X7/8IK ITEM #:2050318 COST $13.46
    TRANS PULLEY TL24H100 1610 ITEM #:2068203 COST $53.20
    BUSHING 1610X3/4IK ITEM #:2050771 COST $15.57
    BELT 300H100 ITEM #:3111146 COST $22.21

Tractors with a 3" motor pulley and a 6" transmission pulley with 9.5" between shafts and a drive ratio of .5

MOTOR PULLEY TL14H100 1108 ITEM #:2064301 COST $32.50
    BUSHING 1108X7/8IK ITEM #:2050193 COST $12.84
    TRANS PULLEY TL28H100 2012 ITEM #:2064285 COST $63.99
    BUSHING 2012X3/4KW ITEM #:2050491 COST $20.50
    BELT 300H100 ITEM #:3111146 COST $22.21

This info is current as of today. As I get other tractor pulley sizes, I will post aditional numbers.

Reguards

Tom
    Pewamo758

9. Re: Sychronous belt conversion 
    Hey Tom,

Fabulous job putting all those part #'s and pulley combination sizes together. A nice project for sure.

Are there correlating tractor models that go with the posted set-ups? Might make it a bit easier for folks that can't easily crawl around under their tractors.

Thanks again!!!!

Steve

10. Re: Sychronous belt conversion 
    The first set of numbers match up with my E12s and the second set with my EGT150. I think an E15 has a 4" motor pulley and a 6" transmission pulley, but I would need verification to be sure.

Tom