Notices

1. Dirt shield for spindle thrust bearing upgrade 
    A while back, I posted the part numbers for roller thrust bearings and washers to replace the stock bronze washer used between the front spindle and axle.

If you've done the conversion, or seen the pictures of others' conversions, you can see that the bearings are exposed to dirt and grit, especially from the front mower deck. After doing a little looking I found a square rubber o-ring with an ID that matches the OD of the thrust bearing.

I bought a bag of them and at the VT gathering I gave a few to Jeff. He beat me to getting them installed on a tractor and was good enough to pass a photo along to me.

If you've done the bearing conversion, or are thinking of it, you might want to consider adding a set of these o-rings also.

The o-rings are dash number 218. I bought them from McMaster-Carr, and their part number is 4061T24. When I bought them, they were 100 per bag so I have a LOT left. If someone wants a small quantity, I can help out.

Nick
    Attached Images

2. Re: Dirt shield for spindle thrust bearing upgrade 
    Nick,
    I'd be happy to buy 10 from you: (two to use, four to lose, and four more to look for....) Let me know how much to send you and your address.
    Thanks,
    Burt (hwy8@comcast.net)

3. Re: Dirt shield for spindle thrust bearing upgrade 
    Nick,

I'll take some too.

DC

vasko@frontiernet.net

4. Re: Dirt shield for spindle thrust bearing upgrade 
    I'm happy to pass these along to folks at cost, as long as you're willing to pick up the postage. The cost for a PAIR would be a whole $0.33. Undoubtedly, the postage will be substantially more. DC and Burt, I'll send you both emails tonight. If you fellas want to contact me directly (or anyone else for that matter) my address is: kc2dzb at nycap.rr.com

Nick

5. Re: Dirt shield for spindle thrust bearing upgrade 
    Folks, I am out of surplus O-rings. I have enough left for my own projects, but that's about it. Thanks to those who bought them!

Nick

6. Re: Dirt shield for spindle thrust bearing upgrade 
    I ended up buying a pack of them, so now I have a bunch I can sell on, they were $.56 a pair.
    Email me direct at game.tech.us att gmail dott com if you want some.
    I will edit this post when i'm out of them.