Notices

1. Lawn sweeper restoration 
    Technically I only restored half the lawn sweeper. I took a donor hamper and tube frame from a Lambert Apollo 31" tow behind and had them powder coated black. All new hardware, new Hamper itself from Lambert, and new plastic casters Lawnmower Guy found for me. The curved headed bolts that hold the tubes on were a little tough to find, but the good hardware stores had them. The tube frame was identical to the ones Lambert made for GE, but the sheet metal frame and brush axle are different because they have provisions for the motorized kit. I will restore the other half next year. I needed to use it this year!

Note the spring and roller. They hold the height adjustment handle in place. My GE sweeper was missing this, but the Lambert one had it.
    Attached Images

2. Re: Lawn sweeper restoration 
    hi
    I love it it came out great..!
    the black bars and bag go better with the yellow sweeper than the origainal one ge had that was yellow...

This sweeper is coming along great..and thank you for letting me help with it.... one last thing don't forget Jim C. and his help he is selling these great hammper/bags...

lawnmower guy

3. Re: Lawn sweeper restoration 
    Can you hook me up with "Jim C."? I was fortunate enough to find one of these sweepers and hope to begin work on it. Mine is pretty complete with the exception of the hamper to include the framework for the hamper which is all gone. Where did you find new rear casters? Mine do not look quite like the photos.

Thanks from NW Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by lawnmower guy View Post
    hi
    I love it it came out great..!
    the black bars and bag go better with the yellow sweeper than the origainal one ge had that was yellow...

This sweeper is coming along great..and thank you for letting me help with it.... one last thing don't forget Jim C. and his help he is selling these great hammper/bags...

lawnmower guy
    Last edited by autumntrain07; 12-02-2014 at 08:07 PM.
    "Lead, follow or get out of the way!"

4. Re: Lawn sweeper restoration 

5. Re: Lawn sweeper restoration 
    The hamper tube frame is the same as the equivalent size Lambert lawn sweeper, and the new plastic casters Lawnmower Guy found for me.

6. Re: Lawn sweeper restoration 
    Banned
    Folks, I am out of surplus O-rings. I have enough left for my own projects, but that's about it. Thanks to those who bought them!????