Notices

1. PM motor controller conversion for E14 help needed 
    I have an Ele-ctrak E14 that has finally exhibited controller problems and have decided to put in an Alltrax or other controller. However- when I go to the Electrictractor store, the controller they sell fits all the other models but mine. I have a PM motor and I thought that should be easier than all the motors with fields. What controller should/could I use? And how to wire it up? Any direction would vastly appreciated.

2. Re: PM motor controller conversion for E14 help needed 
    OOPS. I found a two year old thread from me with the answer to my conversion question. Sorry to be such a pill. I'm going to go with a curtis 1204. Should I use the 24-36 or the 36-48 volt model? Does it matter and why?

3. Re: PM motor controller conversion for E14 help needed 
    Jimbo,

My knee jerk, rule of thumb reaction would always be to go with the higher voltage option.

On this one I would additionally advise you to check with Curtis technical support. (925-961-1088)

Tell them your about your application and any questions you may have.

I like to check in with the technical support line for most products that I buy, if for no other reason than to get a feel of how well run and up to speed a company it is. After all you may eventually have to deal with them again on future warrenty issues etc.

The tech lines are usually manned by geeks who love to talk about their product and are more than happy to give you a free education on it and electric vehicles in general.

Good Luck.

DC
    Last edited by dcforever; 02-05-2013 at 06:56 PM.

4. Re: PM motor controller conversion for E14 help needed 
    I forgot. Here's the manual link.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7...le=1204_05.pdf

5. Re: PM motor controller conversion for E14 help needed 
    Thanks for the link. It helped me make the decision. I bought a new plastic controller disc from the Electric Tractor store. Mine had broken off at the shaft. That will get me thru the winter. Meantime I bought a new Curtis 1204 controller and can gear up to install in the spring, when my garage is MUCH warmer. If anyone has done one of these, some advise on using one or two relays and where to mount everything(pictures?) would be helpful.

6. Re: PM motor controller conversion for E14 help needed 
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Thanks for the link. It helped me make the decision. I bought a new plastic controller disc from the Electric Tractor store. Mine had broken off at the shaft. That will get me thru the winter. Meantime I bought a new Curtis 1204 controller and can gear up to install in the spring, when my garage is MUCH warmer. If anyone has done one of these, some advise on using one or two relays and where to mount everything(pictures?) would be helpful.
    Jimbo, did you get your E14 upgrade completed ? I've been completing this upgrade to my E14 for a few years, but have not found any real clear information on how the Curtis controller should be installed and wired in. This DC electric stuff makes my head hurt trying to understand the flow of everything.

Any info you or anyone else can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike