Notices

Thread: mower blades

1. mower blades 
    I have noticed two types of blades. One type I would call light weight (thinner in thickness) and the others much heavier (thicker in thickness) more like what would be on an ICE tractor. I would suppose the thinner blades are original design and the thicker ones are replacements by owners. Any experience with thicker/heavier blades causing problems with the motors?

2. Re: mower blades 
    You'll have no problem with the heavier/thicker blades. I have a mower deck that the PO ran Oregon mulching (Gator equivalent) blades for years with no issues. I've cut my yard with them and they work great. I wouldn't mix the thicker & thinner blades on the same deck. You want to keep an equal draw on all the motors. Keep the blades sharp and balanced also.

Billy

3. Re: mower blades 
    All the heavier blades I've seen have an arbor hole larger than the blade bolt diameter. This would allow the blade to get off center if it hit anything at all while spinning. Evidently the clutch discs hold it tight enough for the blade to not get off center or should I look for some bushing to fill the space?

4. Re: mower blades 
    Spacer that works with the Oregon 96-324 blade...Grainger part number 2FUH3.