Notices

1. CB-1 circuit breaker 
    Where is this CB located on a E12? why would it activate? My machine will run in D1 high speed for about 45 minutes then a breaker in side the control panel disconnects and after a few moments cooling reconnects. (doesn't seem to do it in L2) when it resets the sound seems to be coming from the relay area.

2. Re: CB-1 circuit breaker 
    We may need to know the submodel of your machine. The serial number indicates E12XA, with 'X' being another letter. However, I believe CB-1 is on the rear dash panel inside the battery compartment. I don't believe they auto-reset, but I could be wrong. Therefore, it sounds like the drive motor has a thermal breaker that is tripping off use of the motor. You may just need to clean up the armature, check/replace the brushes, and reassemble. I'd suggest doing that before anything else gets too hot.

Chad

3. Re: CB-1 circuit breaker 
    My tractor model number is 26AE12JD If this helps! I think it is a pm motor It has two large wires (black and red) and two small wires coming from it. Also two wires from a small plug at the pulley end which I assume to be the centrifugal switch. Is there a wiring diagram available for the tractors with the PM motor?

4. Re: CB-1 circuit breaker 
    In the manuals section of this site you will find several manuals with diagrams and troubleshooting information.
    http://www.elec-trak.com/forum/forum...php?22-Manuals
    The most complete is the Homeowner’s Service Manual (HSM), but there is also a Simplified Troubleshooting Manual.

George Beckett also offers a treasure trove of manuals for download from his site http://myelec-traks.com/

Tim M

5. Re: CB-1 circuit breaker 
    Thanks for the help guys! I found the right wiring diagram. I think my "problem" is simply poorer than hoped for batteries so that as they wear down the amps go up on the motor causing it to overheat. D1 is to fast for my lawn anyway but L2 is to slow!