Notices

1. E8 clutch switch 
    Hi all !

First, sorry for my poor english, im from Quebec ; french canadian.

Im rebuilding the E8 my dad gave me, sandblasted it already, new paint, etc... But the clutch switch is broken. I've talked to some peoples i know that own electric stores, they found the part, but there's left and right version... The guy kept the broken switch and called his contacts, when he called me back, he told me that there was some kind of "normaly open" and "normaly close" switch that they could provided.

My original switch being broken, im not sure if i need a NO or NC one. And the right and left thing makes me wondering if i realy wanna spend 30$+ and realise its not the right one....

Thanks for anyone that can help me with this problem.

Robin Massť

2. Re: E8 clutch switch 
    I do not own a small frame tractor, so you may want to wait for confirmation from another user.
    My understanding is that the clutch switch is the same switch used for the brake switch on the large frame tractors. If so, it is Normally Closed (NC).

Tim M

3. Re: E8 clutch switch 
    Found a picture of the switch im talking about.

http://electrictractorstore.com/inde...products_id=37

4. Re: E8 clutch switch 
    That should be a right hand normally closed (aka normally on) mechanical or lever style brake switch.

You might also check with an auto parts store because they were used on some GM and Ford vehicles into the 1950's and some hot rodders use them instead of hydraulic brake switches. I have also seen them used on golf carts and industrial vehicles like fork lifts. I think some ICE lawn mowers even used them as a neutral safety switch.

Tim M