Notices

Thread: E8M Controller

Hybrid View

1. E8M Controller 
    I am looking to re wire may E8M with a new controller, does anyone have any advice on which controller would work better for this mower?

2. Re: E8M Controller 
    Any 36V controller built for Permanent Magnet motors would work. I don't remember the HP rating on that drive motor, but probably wouldn't need to be a large amperage. I think some of the basic golf car controllers would work well.

Why would you want to do this? The E8 and E10 are the simplest of them all with a single contactor for the drive motor that runs at a constant speed. Obviously, you'd have to retrofit some sort of throttle and pot to have a variable motor speed. You would also have to remove the charge to have enough room to install a controller like that.

Good Luck.

3. Re: E8M Controller 
    The mower's electrical system is pretty far gone, as there was a literal rats nest under the console. I do not have a wiring diagram yet but assumed that I needed a controller if I were to remove the circuitry under the hood.

4. Re: E8M Controller 
    Does anyone have a plain line drawing or instructions in layman's terms as to how to wire the various components in the E8M? I am very new to electrical systems like this and have no where to start except with a clean slate of a mower.