Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start
Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    My general electric elec trak e14 wont do anything. the batterys are full charged and the power disconnect switch is working (power going through it when it on).

I took some pictures of what i tested and what i got power out of

the first picture

both of these have power going through them

the second picture (Left solenoid)

this solenoid located under the panel on the dash left of the steering wheel shaft

both the big and small terminals on the left have power

both the big and small terminals on the right have power

both the bottom terminals have power

the third picture (middle solenoid)

the left big terminal has power the rest have none

the third picture is the (right solenoid)

both big and small terminals on the left have power

the big terminal on the right has power the little has none

both bottom terminals have power

the last picture is the black "BOX" the top and each side terminals have power the bottom has none

i am stumped on what to do next.... any help is appreciated
    Attached Images

2. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    There is a three component "prime" of the main drive circuit that is required. I just had a similar issue with mine. The three components are the brake switch, seat switch, and key switch. Those three need to be closed in order for the throttle to function. If any of those three are open, then no juice will flow even with full readings on the solenoids. My issue was a faulty seat switch.

3. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    How would i go about testing them? how can i get to the key switch?

thanks for replying

4. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    i have 2 12 volts under the hood hooked together and one under the seat with both small wires hooked to positive. i have voltage going through all 3 wires on the power disconnect

5. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    key switch can be tested at the connectors as it comes out of the dash if you don't want to pull the dash off. You're only looking for continuity of them. The seat switch and brake switches are exposed terminals under the seat lid and frame rail respectively. Here's a link to the service manual I used to trace and test everything out: http://www.myelec-traks.com/OPS-74-4035.pdf Schematic for my E20 is on page 174. There are a bunch more manuals on this site if this one doesn't match up to your model.

6. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    im not the best at reading wiring diagrams but usually can figure it out... there is nothing that would make me think that something was shorted. i do have a multimeter. what should i be checking?

7. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    i took off the dash and my key switch was broke the one post was snapped. the seat swich is touchy so i ordered one and the brake switch was good

8. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    is it possible that the 6 terminal contactors have gone bad? one of three has voltage going through all 6. the second has voltage going through one big terminal and one small terminals. and the last has nothing. i have 3 garden tractor 12 volt batteries hooked up. 2 under the hood with the ground hooked to wire coming from charger and positive of the other battery going to the power disconnect. they are hooked together with a jumper wire from positive to ground. and i have one battery in the back with the long big gauge wire going to ground and the other shorter cable to positive. both small guage wires are going to the positive as well. i have no action from the motor gauges or headlights. i have checked the bulbs and they are good. all fuses under the hood are good and were cleaned. all connections were tight. the key switch had a broken connector so that has been replaced as well as a seat switch. when i try to start it i am sitting on the seat and i turn off the power disconnect to release and i turn on the key. no lights no motor no nothing. i would like to get it working. but even if i dont i plan on restoring it and taking it to local tractor shows along with my other 8 brands

thanks for everyone's help so far

9. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    i replaced the key switch and the seat switch with no progress. there is power going to my headlights but they dont want to come on. bulb is good, fuzes are good. this did not come with batterys so im trying to run it of two 12 volts for testing before i spend 300 on battery's. can these do anything when running 24 volts? im out of idea's and would love some guidance on what to do next

10. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    Tractor need 36 volts to run
    Thanks Doug from Markham Ont. Canada

http://www.evalbum.com/3985

http://www.evalbum.com/4400