Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    ok so here is what ive done so far...

i hooked up 3 420 ca 12 volt batterys to it.. with a test light i get power to the key switch and power disconect. both dash meters do not move and nothing is happening. the 3 solenoids underneith the dash. only have some terminals with power. double checked fuses and they are great. headlight bulb is not broken but does not come on

im not quite sure what route to go next.

i really appreciate everyone who has helped me so far.

2. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    Can you describe how the batteries are connected, or maybe take a photo? I just want to verify the connections. Do you have a multimeter? If not, I would advise you pick one up. It doesn't have to be fancy, but should be able to do voltage and resistance measurements. Do you have any experience with reading schematic diagrams?

The headlights should work independently of the power-disconnect switch or key switch. The "fuel gauge" should indicate once the power-disconnect (PD) is engaged, so take a voltage reading across the two wires that are connected to it with the PD switch engaged. This will help tell whether the controls are actually getting powered.

We'll do our best to work with you and get your machine up and running. Usually the issues people run into are fairly straightforward, unless there was smoke and light show at some point. If that was the case, you would see the evidence of it in the form of soot, burnt insulation, and a burnt smell.

Nick

3. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    i have 2 12 volts under the hood hooked together and one under the seat with both small wires hooked to positive. i have voltage going through all 3 wires on the power disconnect

4. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    im not the best at reading wiring diagrams but usually can figure it out... there is nothing that would make me think that something was shorted. i do have a multimeter. what should i be checking?

5. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    is it possible that the 6 terminal contactors have gone bad? one of three has voltage going through all 6. the second has voltage going through one big terminal and one small terminals. and the last has nothing. i have 3 garden tractor 12 volt batteries hooked up. 2 under the hood with the ground hooked to wire coming from charger and positive of the other battery going to the power disconnect. they are hooked together with a jumper wire from positive to ground. and i have one battery in the back with the long big gauge wire going to ground and the other shorter cable to positive. both small guage wires are going to the positive as well. i have no action from the motor gauges or headlights. i have checked the bulbs and they are good. all fuses under the hood are good and were cleaned. all connections were tight. the key switch had a broken connector so that has been replaced as well as a seat switch. when i try to start it i am sitting on the seat and i turn off the power disconnect to release and i turn on the key. no lights no motor no nothing. i would like to get it working. but even if i dont i plan on restoring it and taking it to local tractor shows along with my other 8 brands

thanks for everyone's help so far

6. Re: New to electric tractors. Elec Trak wont start 
    also does anyone know a good paint color? i would like to find something in rustolium